Saturday, January 03, 2009

no pressure or anything

In a not-so-subtle effort to "encourage" me to do more regular posts again, Joe mentioned in our Christmas letter that I "maintain" a family blog.  There has been no posts for many months, so in a lame effort to get caught up I just posted November-in-Review.  

So, what exactly have I been doing these past few months?
sweating it out at the gym?
nope

buying only organic foods and shopping at the farmers market?
nope

jet-setting international travel?
no way, i try to avoid going to the grocery store with all three kids

trying to convince my two year old that she doesn't hate my guts?
definitely yes
For those of you who are saying to yourselves, ohhh I'm sure she doesn't really hate you and I have to agree that hate may just be a little strong, but there have been a few recent occasions that make me wonder.
here's my top three:
#3: refusal to allow my assistance with anything if joe is around.  "not YOU momma, only daddy" (carseat buckling, getting dressed, wiping booty - i don't mind that one so much)

#2 screaming and screaming and screaming.  Joe couldn't take her with him on a recent errand and upon bringing her back into the house to stay with me she started screaming at the top of her lungs.  If her 2 year old vocabulary included "f-you momma" she certainly would have used it.

#3 My favorite example needed no words at all.  She spent a lot of time setting up her dollhouse last week and guess where she put the mommy?

yup, that is the mommy with her head being shoved in the oven!  

But, all it takes is one look at her bright eyes and bright smile to convince me that it just isn't possible it is the same little girl


2 comments:

mike said...

Hi Farrell Family....

We ( Aunt Donna & Uncle Mike Farrell ) just received your Christmas card....Thanks so much for the Family Picture (it's on our refrigerator now ). Loved the enclosed letter and the blog too... Good luck in your relocation ...

Mama to three said...

Anne!

It was GREAT to spend some time with you this weekend. I just found your blog and read this one which just further exagerates the parallels of our lives. Our middle one, Austin, seems to hate my guts too!! I haven't been shoved in the oven head-first yet, but the other two are DEAD on!! I don't say he "says f-you," but instead he gives me the bird (in heart, not actual action...)
We definitely need to get our families together! :-)
Erin