Thursday, August 21, 2008

so much cooler online

I recognize that this post is a bit of a deviation from my usual blogging topics - Gabe & Makena(and now Ford) - but I would be grateful if I could be granted a bit of flexibility to drain my brain a bit from some things I've been thinking about (it's amazing what comes to mind when you are regularly up in the middle of the night with nothing to do but hold a baby and think).  and by "amazing" I mean discerning the complexities of ... if we need to buy more sippy cups (definitely no) or if I should update my facebook profile (probably).

Speaking of facebook... my personal info on facebook is rather boring (maybe because I don't have anything listed) and I was thinking of what I wanted to put up there to make myself a little more un-boring.  Updating my profile wouldn't be such a big deal if I only knew more than one true indie artist that I could list.  It seems like to have a cool profile you need to list at least 55 indie artists and I just don't think that Laurie Berkner counts as a indie artist.  

And what do I need to do to legitimately list wine connoisseur?  Does my 2-buck chuck count?  or the occasional splurge on $9.99 cab-sav?  Because I'd definitely want to hang out with someone who knows a thing or two about a good bottle of wine.

Or how about my triathlon endeavors?  If I read someone's profile and it has "triathlons" listed as hobbies - wow, that's a cool person.  I trained for a triathlon several years ago (and then broke my elbow on a training ride and couldn't compete) - does that count?  And even falling of my bike on a training ride sounds way cooler than it really was - I was in the parking lot practicing getting out of my new toe-clips and fell over, not only breaking my elbow, but also requiring surgery.  Completely uncoordinated would be much more accurate description.

For the anti-country music folks out there, I apologize about the Brad Paisley song greeting you as you open the blog.  The lyrics made me laugh, if you listen I'm sure you can see why.  Joe says country music makes him sick to his stomach.  I kinda like it and often choose to listen to country radio stations when not being forced to listen to veggie tales for the zillionth time.  

No comments: