Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Welcome Baby Ford!















We were so excited to introduce Gabe & Mak to their new little brother!  We weren't expecting to meet him until this weekend, but are thrilled that he surprised us a little early.  

Name: Ford Joseph Farrell (my mom's maiden name is Ford)
Birthdate: June 30, 2008
7 lbs 8 oz
19 inches

For those who want a bit more info than the vitals keep reading...
I was having some contractions early yesterday morning and Joe had a early morning tee time and the contractions didn't seem to be truly progressing so I sent him on his way for his last golf outing for a while.  Lo and behold, the contractions did stop and I was even able to take the kids to swimming lessons.  After golfing, Joe came home for lunch and to check on me.  I went down for a nap and was woken up about 1:30 with a strong contraction that also caused my water to break.  It took a little while for contractions to really begin, but when they did everything went very quickly.  By 3:30 we had friends come and pick up Gabe & Mak and were headed to the hospital.  After getting checked in and going through the 20 minute fetal monitoring (there has to be a better way to monitor the baby than keep a laboring woman on her back for 20 minutes!  torture!) I could tell that things were progressing quickly.  However Joe was even a bit skeptical when I said I needed the nurse and needed to push just 20 minutes after getting off the monitor.  Our OB was rushing from his office and arrived with just 2 minutes to spare before Ford was born a little after 5 PM.
We are now settling in at home and looking forward to adjusting to life as a family of five.  More pictures to come soon!





4 comments:

Amy said...

oh. my. goodness. he is adorable and i can't take my eyes off him!!

Holly said...

congratulations you guys! what a beautiful family. Love you very much.

mama becca said...

Hooray!
Love the story... :).
Congrats to all of you!!!

askewheels said...

What a cutie. Anne, you are amazing and look great!!